Sunday, May 8, 2011

a frosty day turns warm and glowing

Oh how the mornings are now so chilly.  The earth is all frosted over but the skies are clear and the air is crisp.  I awoke feeling a bit of an ache.  We all have our own burdens.  There is always a story that is deep and often difficult for others to understand fully or to come to terms with.  There is sadness, loss and hardship.   There is pain and illness and hardest of all injustice and cruelty.  I used to think I had to rise up against all of this.  But it makes everything so much of a struggle.

I am slowly learning that being creative is the remedy for the soul.  Loosing yourself in something that really makes you joyous.  Being at one with the moment.  Finding your inner radiance and shining.

ps. I love you Mum.

6 comments:

one claire day said...

Happy Mothers Day!
I hope you found you inner radiance today and gave yourself that pat on the back you were looking forward to :)

"see your child like they are a book you have never read and you dont know what is on the next page" - Thank you for passing this on... such a lovely sentiment.

x claire

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Congratulations gorgeous Jill, you just won my IKEA giveaway, please email me your address for a courier so i can have a set shipped out to you. Just had to give it to a former IKEA employee!! Enjoy those frosty mornings now!! Love Posie

A Farmer's Wife said...

I think some days our burdens are heavier than others... I hope yours was light today Jill, and you enjoyed your Mothers' Day with that gorgeous garcon of yours...

Take good care.

Anonymous said...

A most happy mothers day to you. I, too, find a bit of creativity and flair healing to any and all soul bruises.

Vicki said...

Hi Jill,
Your words have just resonated with me in such a way. It's something that I have known but had not surfaced, that feeling when you need to think deeply about something but never have the time. I have had the word, 'simplify' floating around in my head for a couple of weeks now, perhaps I will lose myself in some simple knitting or baking.
Thank you for the time and care you put into your posts, you are a beautiful soul.
Vickixx

sean the prawn said...

Hope you had a lovely mother's day with your boys yesterday jill.
Hope you are finding ways to stay warm in your new(not so any more)home.
Chilly here too Jilly today.