Sunday, May 15, 2011

feeling graceful

The trees all around our house are almost threadbare.  There was a heavy frost on awakening. We waited for the earth to thaw by having croissants and freshly brewed coffee.  Unfortunately the coffee pot hissed and exploded and sprayed hot coffee over Dada's face.  Fortunately it ended up being on a minor scald.. Missed his eye.


We explored another bush track and found a very old rail tunnel.  No longer in use, but was in the 1890's for coal mining.

I'm pondering on what it means to be graceful. Ease of movement.  Soft and deep breaths.  Thinking before you speak.  Practicing restraint.  Living within your means. Gentle thoughts. Taking care of yourself.

Will continue to ponder.  What are your thoughts about today?

6 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Your kitchen looks so pretty Jill.

A Farmer's Wife said...

And I struggle with finding gracefulness in my day to day life.

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I LOVE that photo of Che with that big autumn leaf! I'm glad the coffee burn wasn't worse...we had a bad one in our home a few years ago, and our 14 month old son bore the horrible brunt of it.

I really like this blog.

deux chiens et un garcon said...

I too have been feeling out of grace. Contemplating the areas to focus on, that bring me more grace.

Thanks again for the lovely comments.

xjill

tea with lucy said...

i like your thoughts on gracefulness. i would add 'gentle words' for me as well.

hope the coffee related injury isn't too bad. just as well there is a doctor in the house.

xo

Vicki said...

Hi Jill,
Love all those photos, baby Che is a real little bush walker and explorer! So good for all his senses. Your kitchen has personality, one of those that kids love to come home to after they're left and set off into the world.
I'm pondering 'Disappointment'. After planning Chantal's 15th birthday she came down suddenly with the flu, all I could do was rug her up and fuss, not the sort of fuss that I'd planned, she couldn't even manage her cake! As I tucked her into bed she still thanked me for a lovely birthday? There has to be some insight in that for me.
Have a great day,
Vickixx