Saturday, February 12, 2011

28 days of gratitude - day 12 - the ability to conceive and grow new life


I know how hard this can be for some people.  We had given up hope and had moved on.  We thought about using assisted methods but it just wasn't for us.  We thought about adoption and again after a lot of soul searching we decided this was not for us.

Then at age 43 during a time of stressful renovations with no kitchen or bathroom, I became very tired and ill.  Thinking this was related to life stress I struggled on but it got worse.  After doing so many pregnancy tests in the past and only getting one line and then period arriving it took me awhile to consider testing.

Then one lunch break I thought yes maybe and 2 lines instantly appeared.

It has been such an amazing journey.

Looking forward to doing some blog hopping with Maxabella

3 comments:

Nicole said...

i have never posted a comment on anyones blog but i feel compelled to do so here... your story touched my heart and made me shed a happy tear. i know of waiting too. blessings to you and your family.

Vicki said...

Hi Jill,

I love the way baby Che is lined up with the sunset. You've got so many good elements there, ocean, sand, bush, sunglow, love, new life, new beginnings..all the things money can't buy.
Vickixx

Maxabella said...

Such a beautiful, beautiful picture. AND an even more beautiful story. x