Friday, October 29, 2010

the teriitory - it gets into ya blood

Now that we have made yet another move to a new community, your thoughts and life plan is laid open bare to reflect and consider where are headed and what does it all mean?. Marty and I met in the Northern Territory and I miss that life so much.  The Territory is so unique.  The materialism and white anxiety of the East Coast is miles away.   The Southern Highlands is beautiful.  The gardens, the lush countryside and the houses, the shops and cafes.  It is so civilized, ordered, comfy and almost a bit of fantasy land.  It is gentile and everyone is well mannered.

The Northern Territory is hot and often hard work.  Having things doesnt matter as much.  Culturally it can be confronting at times.  You learn more by saying and asking less.  Everytime I read or hear about things going on up North, my heart starts to flutter and I feel a yearning to return.

But this was all pre-baby.  I will keep putting one foot in front of the other.


Thank you so much my Territory friends.  Please visit BIMAWear for authentic indigenous prints from the very special ladies of the Tiwi Islands.

xxJ

No comments: